Sunday, May 18, 2008

Life is such a Chaos

cha·os n.
1. A condition or place of great disorder or confusion.
2. A disorderly mass; a jumble: The desk was a chaos of papers and unopened letters.
3. often Chaos The disordered state of unformed matter and infinite space supposed in some cosmogonic views to have existed before the ordered universe.
4. Mathematics: A dynamical system that has a sensitive dependence on its initial conditions.
5. Obsolete An abyss; a chasm.


When we say life is chaotic, do we really mean that there's nothing beautiful in it?
disorder. . .
confustion . . .
jumble . . .
MAGULO.

Look at these images. They are called fractals---a mathematical chaos. Who will say that they are UGLY?



I will not go into the 'matematik' side, don't worry.

I just want to share that what keeps me going on despite of a chaotic life I have is the idea that like the fractals, I will find something GOOD not only in me, but also in the people around me, in the things I see, in the world I live in.

The chaos itself is wonderful. As the definition above says, a mathematical chaos depends on the initial conditions---doing something now will affect what you will be in the future. Hmmmm. It makes me more excited about what tomorrow would bring. It lets me choose to look at everything positively. It helps me feel that no matter how problematic my life is, it is still one beautiful creation of God.

No comments: