Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Duo Dance Class, a Gig and a DV Trip

Friday, June 27

The Diwa Babes



get your own mp3 music codes at www.mp3-aja.com

It was the last session of our Sexy Hiphop Class at Studio 116. Like our first month in that class, the last day is the "most special"--we complete the steps (only for half of the song) and we get to show off our best on the 'showdown.' But that doesn't seem to be the case last friday.

Gracie and I arrived at the studio minutes before 6:30. Michelle and his dance (and real-life partner, yihee!) were already there. After few minutes of my story-telling, Michelle called us for the warm-up. We entered the Soft room and started stretching our tendons. It's only me, Gracie, and Michelle.

A group of girls came and watched how the class goes while Emman, the staff, explained stuffs about the studio. We're done with our stretching, no classmates showed up.

So Michelle reviewed us on the steps that she thought in the previous sessions. Hmmmm. Gracie and Donna on the go! Did about 5 rounds, still, no classmates showed up.

Our sexy teacher decided to proceed with the lesson even without our classmates. The room seemed too big for us!
When finally the minute hand of the clock hit 6 (it's 7:30!), we had our "showdown." I did the routine first--I messed up in the last part! Then Gracie. I wanted to cheer for her but I felt I'd look like a stage sister, watching the one-on-one jazz class of her sis. Hahaha! It's confirmed. Our classmates won't be coming.

But, it's fun!(Do you agree, Gracie?) And we're looking forward to joining the recital in October!



Headbanger Donski


Melba and James invited me to a gig at Freedom Bar--"A 'ROCK' Concert". It's a fundraising event for one of the members of Sanlakas (James's group), Rhodz, who needs to undergo a kidney transplant. Gemz, my officemate, came with me after my dance class. Here I go again, nonstop extracurriculars!

I didn't have any idea where exactly Freedom Bar is until I got there. It was a small, beginner bands' venue on the 2nd floor of a not-so-new commercial building along Anonas.

I kinda felt scared when I saw groups of young guys in the area. Well, good thing we're with James-the big man! Hehe. When we entered the bar, a lady in black shirt was on the stage, thanking people. Oh, it was Rhodz. She doesn't look sick at first glance, but when you get to observe her eyes and complexion, you can say that there's something wrong with her health.

But, she is very lucky to have friends and colleagues supporting her fight against sickness.

I thought Gemz will not enjoy Rock music...but with FMD's bitter-love songs, hmmmm. Hehehe. According to her, she had fun.

I like FMD band... their vocalist is SUPER ENERGETIC. My fave song of theirs is "Bato", a song about illegal drugs:

Tignan nyo si Nora, Nainggit kay Angel at Vilma

Gusto niya ring maging si Darna

Kaya ayun . . .

Sumubo ng Bato.

I'm not sure if I get the lyrics right. I hope I could get a copy of their CD someday.

The last band who performed--Toyo, was also fun. Mabuhay ang Pinoy Rock!

Actually, the it's the second time that I saw FMD and Toyo. The first time was, according to James, almost exactly a year ago. It was a concert calling for free supply of water for the people.

Basta. We enjoyed the night. :)

Saturday, June 28

Starting Out a Business

Finally, my creative shop,maARTeh, has reached the real world.

It was originally a tie up of Lhen, Ate Jo, and myself. But because of some circumstances, we had to set it aside and do the 'more important things'. Just this year, I ended up pursuing the business with Yayi, Em, and Jr--the power of four Ms--Madonna, Meynard, Mayette, and Mervin! Oh di ba. We just got one problem---we don't have a portfolio, and we don't have any project yet.

Thanks to Gladdys, my officemate, who trusted in our talent! She's getting married in October.

One day at the office, she mentioned about her invitations. She didn't know where to go, until I joked--"Ako na lang gagawa, gusto mo?" I offered to make her invitations, souvenir tags, and misalettes--in exchange of an opportunity to start a portfolio and to advertise our shop. And Gladz agreed. Yehey!

So we went to Divisoria to buy the materials. We walked from 168 mall to Binondo, then to Tabora, and then back to 168. Whew! Fortunately, we found almost everything we need to buy---parchment paper, glue (which didn't work!!), and abacca mat. Using abacca in the invitations is not in our original plan. But since we couldn't find the exact color of specialty paper that we wanted, we opted to use abacca, which costs almost the same as specialty paper. It looks cool. And it fits the "spring beach" theme (my idea!hehehe) of Gladz's wedding. I'll post our works once we're done with them!

No comments: